Wednesday, February 7, 2007

On my way

Seven months ago I was searching for a hobby - something to give me a focus beyond mothering my two boys. Who knew that a sport in which I had no history or aptitude would capture my imagination? Today, I am one bike, a pair of running shoes, a swimsuit and goggles, and one very special team closer to my goal of completing a triathlon.

I joined The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training for the coaching and pool access. I am inspired by the mission to support patients with blood cancer and to fund research. I love the camaraderie and dedication of my teammates. I am excited to be on the road (literally and figuratively) to a triathlon.

I will raise $3,700 to support The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's mission. I will swim 0.9 miles, bike 24.8 miles, and run 6.2 miles on May 5 at the Wildflower Triathlon. Won't you join me?

No comments: